Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 8 - June 17, 2009 - Old Faithful

Got up late because we got in late. Ate breakfast. And left Cody, WY for Yellowstone NP.




This is the day that we got to see Old Faithful!



When we left Cody this morning, I noticed that they have a stampede grounds like we have a fair grounds. That means they have rodeos there. As we left Cody, we into tunnels. We went through the mountain not around it.







We went into Yellowstone through the East gate. This is a real wilderness place - humongous mountains. I got to play in the snow. it wasn't cold when we left Cody but when we got to Yellowstone the wind was cold. I put on my jacket.



There was a fire at Yellowstone because there were lots of burned trees by the road. If I think about it tomorrow, I'll ask when it happened. there are lots of little trees growing in the forest.







We stopped at the lake where we found our first geyser. The steam was warm and it reeked! It was reallly awful.






We saw a bald eagle near the lake. We took a trail walk and we went right by a bison that was sleeping in the field. We were very quiet so that he didn't notice us.





I got to see mud bubble and boil.







Here is the BEST! Old Faithful! And I saw it two times!


We stopped by the Rainbow Pool. It was very hot there and windy.











And as we left to park today we saw a herd of bison.

4 comments:

Mrs Z said...

What an incredible day you had! WoW, you were able to see Old Faithful TWICE! Does it reek like dirty socks, rotten tomatoes, or brunt matches?

Take a nap, sleep in, rest and then enjoy the last part of your adventure. :)

Mrs Z said...

Forget to tell you, your video of Old Faithful is 100 times better than the webcam!

Thank you for sharing.

msgordon said...

WOW!! What an unbelievable sight! You are having quite some time Collandra! Thank you for sharing it with me!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time watching Old Faithful with you via the webcam.
We miss you so much here at home.
This weekend I am helping out at the Hot Air Balloon Festival at John Rudy Park. I will try to take some video of the balloons tomorrow evening.

Love you and Miss you!!!
MOM